ConnectedH and the unorganised diagnostic market

Despite having over 1 lakh diagnostic players only 15% are operating in the organised market. One player who wants to make the unorganised small and medium-sized diagnostic lab go digital is ConnectedH.

The $9 billion diagnostic market of India is highly fragmented. Despite having over 1 lakh diagnostic players only 15% are operating in the organised market. The rest 85% are part of an unorganised market. They face many challenges like a severe lack of technology, inability to reach a larger customer base and inefficiencies in operations. They cannot meet the demand of at-home diagnostic services. 

One player who wants to make the unorganised small and medium diagnostic lab go digital is ConnectedH. Started in 2018 by Subham Gupta, Rahul Kumar and Suresh Singh, it is a full-stack enabler for diagnostic centres and labs. The former two were IIT-Kanpur alumnus while Singh graduated from IIM-Banglore.

The B2B startup takes care of CRM, campaign and social media of small diagnostic firms so that the latter can focus solely on testing and result creation. At present, the company has gained 43 clients and 1.6 million patients.

They had earlier raised $227 thousand from First Cheque, Point One Capital and other angel investors. In 2020, they gained ₹20.4 million. This year many notable names have contributed  â‚¹170 million. This includes Anicut Capital and Mars Shot Ventures. 

CRED founder Kunal Shah, Unacademy co-founders Roman Saini and Gaurav Munjal and Sharechat founder Farid Ahsan contributed in the latest round. Existing investors First Cheque and Point One Capital too participated. With the fresh funds, ConnectedH plans to expand across Delhi and invest in new technology. They also want to use their funds for their bigger goal.

ConnectedH’s bigger goal is to provide an ecosystem where patients can have complete access to their healthcare data from multiple partners like doctors, laboratories and hospitals. Will ConnectedH’s plan for single-point access to all healthcare data improve the health outcomes of millions of Indians?

The question naturally arises, will ConnectedH be able to help small and medium-sized laboratories break the barriers and be accessible to millions of Indians? Will the 85% unorganised market be turned into an organised market?

Tags : #ConnectedH #SubhamGupta #RahulKumar #SureshSingh #diagnostics #FirstCheque #PointOneCapital #CRED #Unacademy #Sharechat #medispeak #smitakumar #medicircle

About the Author

Priyal Shah

Priyal Shah is a graduate of Media from Mithibai College, Mumbai. She is a writer, researcher and avid reader.

Related Stories

Loading Please wait...


Trending Now

Exploring the Link Between Covid-19 Vaccination and Sudden Cardiac Arrests: ICMR StudyNovember 22, 2023
Powering the Future: China's Biodegradable Wireless System for Bioelectronic InnovationNovember 22, 2023
IMS BHU Pioneers Advanced Cardiac Care: Unveiling Cutting-Edge Technologies for Precise DiagnosisNovember 18, 2023
Inito's $6 Million Boost: Transforming Women's Health with AI-Backed Fertility MonitoringNovember 18, 2023
Madras High Court Advocates for Equality: PG Medical Students to Receive Incentive Marks for COVID-19 DutyNovember 18, 2023
Next-Gen Healthcare: CarePods and AI Redefine the Patient ExperienceNovember 17, 2023
Air Quality Crisis: Alarming Rise in Premature Births Linked to Air Quality in Begusarai, BiharNovember 17, 2023
Limerick Contest-2023: A Celebration of Wit and PoetryNovember 17, 2023
IIIT-Hyderabad among top 100 institutions for 5G Use Case LabNovember 17, 2023
Powerful, motivating and inspiring talks marked TEDx Hyderabad Women 2023 which was held with the theme "Two Steps ForwardNovember 17, 2023
Speaking the Diagnosis: How AI in Voice Analysis Is Revolutionizing Diabetes DetectionNovember 17, 2023
FDA Approves Zepbound: A New Medication for Weight Loss by Eli LillyNovember 17, 2023
CoverSelf Raises $8.2 Million in Seed Funding to Revolutionize Healthcare Claims with Innovative Fintech PlatformNovember 16, 2023
From Miracle to Medic: The Extraordinary Journey of India's First Paediatric Liver Transplant RecipientNovember 16, 2023
Combatting Chikungunya: Valneva's Chikungunya Vaccine Cleared by USFDA, Eyes India LaunchNovember 16, 2023
Global Corporate Summit 2023 with the theme Unlocking Opportunities in a Dynamic World heldNovember 16, 2023
2nd IHub-Data Mobility Summit heldNovember 16, 2023
Revolutionary AI-powered technology detects multiple abdominal pathologies simultaneouslyNovember 16, 2023
1 Out of 3 Stroke Patients Suffer Long-Term Health Complications, Says NeurologistNovember 16, 2023
Amrita Hospital, Kochi, Launches App for People with Swallowing DifficultiesNovember 15, 2023