Daily positivity rate of COVID-19 continuously declining: Govt

▴ Daily positivity rate of COVID-19 continuously declining: Govt
Briefing media in New Delhi, Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan said, average recovered cases exceeded the average daily new cases for the last 5 weeks.

The government today said that the daily positivity rate of COVID-19 is continuously declining and has been less than 3 percent from 23rd December to 5th January.

Briefing media in New Delhi, Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan said, average recovered cases exceeded the average daily new cases for the last 5 weeks.

He said, active cases are less than 2.5 lakhs after 6 months and declining.

Mr. Bhushan said, the daily number of deaths less than 300 for 11 consecutive days.

He said, cumulative positivity rate is 5.87 percent and the positivity rate during the last week was 1.97 percent.

The Health Secretary said, only 43.96 percent of the total active cases of COVID19 are under treatment in health-care facilities, and on the other hand, 56.04 percent of the active cases are very mild or asymptomatic.

He said, cases per million of population till now, India has amongst the lowest in the world. Mr. Bhushan said India has around 7 thousand per million cases, while other countries are crossing the 20 thousand mark.

He said India is still among the lowest in the world in terms of active cases and deaths per million population.

He added that active cases per million in India is 167 and deaths per million is 108.

Speaking on the vaccine, the Union Health Secretary said, there are four primary vaccine stores called GMSD located in Karnal, Mumbai, Chennai, and Kolkata and there are 37 vaccine stores in the country. They store vaccines in bulk and distribute them further.

He said healthcare workers and frontline workers would not need to register themselves as a beneficiary as their data is the bulk database that has been populated on the Co-WIN vaccine delivery management system in a bulk manner.

Mr. Bhushan informed that based on the feedback of dry-run, Government is ready to introduce the COVID-19 vaccine within 10 days from the date of emergency use authorization. 

Tags : #IndiasCoronaVirusLatestUpdates #India #HealthSecretary #RajeshBhushan #declineinpositivityrateofCOVID-19 #Leastnewcovid-19Patients #CovidVaccination #Vaccineforall #IndiasCovidRecoveryRate #totalcasefatalityrate #IndiaFightAgainstCovid-19Virus #Latestcovidupdates

Related Stories

Loading Please wait...


Trending Now

Exploring the Link Between Covid-19 Vaccination and Sudden Cardiac Arrests: ICMR StudyNovember 22, 2023
Powering the Future: China's Biodegradable Wireless System for Bioelectronic InnovationNovember 22, 2023
IMS BHU Pioneers Advanced Cardiac Care: Unveiling Cutting-Edge Technologies for Precise DiagnosisNovember 18, 2023
Inito's $6 Million Boost: Transforming Women's Health with AI-Backed Fertility MonitoringNovember 18, 2023
Madras High Court Advocates for Equality: PG Medical Students to Receive Incentive Marks for COVID-19 DutyNovember 18, 2023
Next-Gen Healthcare: CarePods and AI Redefine the Patient ExperienceNovember 17, 2023
Air Quality Crisis: Alarming Rise in Premature Births Linked to Air Quality in Begusarai, BiharNovember 17, 2023
Limerick Contest-2023: A Celebration of Wit and PoetryNovember 17, 2023
IIIT-Hyderabad among top 100 institutions for 5G Use Case LabNovember 17, 2023
Powerful, motivating and inspiring talks marked TEDx Hyderabad Women 2023 which was held with the theme "Two Steps ForwardNovember 17, 2023
Speaking the Diagnosis: How AI in Voice Analysis Is Revolutionizing Diabetes DetectionNovember 17, 2023
FDA Approves Zepbound: A New Medication for Weight Loss by Eli LillyNovember 17, 2023
CoverSelf Raises $8.2 Million in Seed Funding to Revolutionize Healthcare Claims with Innovative Fintech PlatformNovember 16, 2023
From Miracle to Medic: The Extraordinary Journey of India's First Paediatric Liver Transplant RecipientNovember 16, 2023
Combatting Chikungunya: Valneva's Chikungunya Vaccine Cleared by USFDA, Eyes India LaunchNovember 16, 2023
Global Corporate Summit 2023 with the theme Unlocking Opportunities in a Dynamic World heldNovember 16, 2023
2nd IHub-Data Mobility Summit heldNovember 16, 2023
Revolutionary AI-powered technology detects multiple abdominal pathologies simultaneouslyNovember 16, 2023
1 Out of 3 Stroke Patients Suffer Long-Term Health Complications, Says NeurologistNovember 16, 2023
Amrita Hospital, Kochi, Launches App for People with Swallowing DifficultiesNovember 15, 2023