Understand Emotional Quotients
Your emotions are very important. It classifies and projects you. One of the major aspects, when we talk about emotions, is “sensitivity”. Being sensitive is a significant feature of your personality. Sensitive people experience a variety of emotions including the negative ones that may affect the quality of life.
Women are considered stronger mentally and emotionally when compared to men. However, some emotions can get out of control and create difficulty to deal with, irrespective of gender. It may negatively impact not only mental but ultimately physical well-being too. Mental health has a deep connection with stress.
Stress is damaging
Both personal and professional lives are hectic these days and stress is nothing but a response to the many roles that women play simultaneously. Worry also creates stress.
Stress leads to the development of the hormone cortisol or in other words, “stress hormone” which creates a negative impact on mental health and can create hormonal imbalance in the body. It can cause many health problems in women such as
Premenstrual syndrome (PMS),
Polycystic ovarian disease syndrome (PCOS)
Postpartum depression (PPD)
Postmenopausal syndrome (PPD)
All these health problems have one thing in common: “Mood Swings” and reproductive health of women.
Top Stress Reduction Strategies
- Stay occupied: Keep yourself busy throughout the day
- Exercise well: Exercising is a great stressbuster and releases “endorphins” which are “feel-good hormones” that keep you happy and motivated
- Develop social connections: Interact with people, share your ideas and create strong bonds
- Self-care: Taking care of yourself through self-love and self-grooming will help you keep happy from within
- Go for counseling: Counseling can help improve your motivational and happiness quotients if your stress level is too high.
- Try brain training exercises: Train your mind to see the positive sides of situations.
Every woman should take care and control of one’s mental health to stay physically fit as well. Mental fitness initiatives are as significant as physical fitness initiatives. Dealing with mental health problems such as anxiety, fear, depression, mood swings can boost your productivity at home and work. Smile and laugh your heart out, because nothing makes a woman more beautiful than her smile and happiness in her eyes.