Coffee is one of the most consumed beverages in the world. With the research coming up these days, more advances are being focused on how caffeine affects our health. It's no surprise that active ingredients in the ground coffee seeds are being investigated.
The question which keeps ticking many people's minds is - How can coffee affect your brain?
Coffee is great for a healthy mind and body. There was a study conducted that reported on 676 elderly men who drank coffee over 10 years. This is best for cognitive decline. They found that men who drank coffee had less cognitive decline than those who didn't.
The greatest effect was seen in those who drank three cups of coffee a day with those who drank more or less coffee per day.
How can coffee protect the brain and support memory?
Coffee is great brain food. There is a deep correlation between coffee and psychological health. Here are a few important ways how coffee can support the brain. Let us check out the details.
Caffeine stimulates hormones
- Caffeine increases serotonin and acetylcholine which may stimulate the brain and help stabilize the blood-brain barrier.
- The polyphenol micronutrients in coffee help prevent tissue damage by neutralizing free radicals. It prevents brain blood artery blockage.
- High concentrations of trigonelline are found in coffee beans which have active antioxidants. This helps in protecting the brain's blood vessels.
What should you keep in mind while consuming coffee?
Keep in mind that coffee moderation works best for the brain. Not every active ingredient in coffee is helpful. Unfiltered coffee for example contains natural oils called diterpenes which increase LDL cholesterol levels and this results in the thickening and hardening of artery walls in the brain.
Coffee can boost brain
Two or four cups per day or less than 400 milligrams of caffeine is recommended. Drinking dark roasted, freshly ground coffee beans may stimulate unwanted neurotransmitters in your beverage. It can help in the following ways-
- Body and mind intelligence
- Coffee works best for the morning routine
- Increases energy levels
- Rich antioxidant levels
- Cognition-boosting effects
- Keeps you motivated
So, grab a coffee cup now and enjoy your day. Choose the best coffee you love and indulge in a rich aromatic flavor.