Conjunctivitis is an eye disease also known as pink eye. Symptoms like redness, pain, and swelling are seen in the eyes due to pink eye or eye problems. The disease of conjunctivitis occurs when a part of the eye we call the conjunctiva gets an allergy or infection, due to which inflammation occurs. The conjunctiva is a thin tissue whose function is to cover the outer surface of the white part of the eye and the eyelids from the inside.
When to Consult a Doctor for conjunctivitis?
Sometimes the symptoms of conjunctivitis get better without seeing the doctor again, but in many cases, you may need to see the doctor again. Know in which situations you should contact the doctor-
If you are having pain in the eye due to conjunctivitis, then you should see the doctor immediately.
- Even if you are having problems due to light, you should contact the doctor.
- If you have sensitivity to light, i.e. you are not able to see the light, you should still show it to the doctor.
- During conjunctivitis, if you see the problem of excessive fatigue or swelling, then show it to the doctor.
- If you have blurred vision, then you should see the doctor.
- Symptoms of conjunctivitis are seen due to blurred vision
- Even if your symptoms are appearing like conjunctivitis, you should contact the doctor.
- Even in the event of fever, you should contact the doctor, even if there is a problem of infection with fever, show the doctor.
- Even if the redness of your eyes is not decreasing, you should contact the doctor.
- Even if any other treatment is going on or you are taking any other medicine, you should also consult a doctor in case of eyesight.
- If you are having more pain in one eye than the other, then you should contact the doctor.
- If you are feeling any such symptoms that have persisted for a long time, then you must go to the eye doctor and get treatment.
Keep these things in mind if you have conjunctivitis
If you have a problem with conjunctivitis is pink eye, then you should wear glasses instead of lenses.
During conjunctivitis, you should clean the towel, bedsheet, pillow, etc. with hot water and disinfectant.
You should also clean your eyewear case from time to time, apart from this, do not make the mistake of touching the eye again and again.
If you have conjunctivitis, you should take special care of cleanliness so that you and others do not get infected.
Treatment of conjunctivitis
- If you have conjunctivitis, you should apply hot or cold compresses to the eyes.
- Eye drops can be put in the eyes as prescribed by the doctor.
- When the eyes come, clean the eyes with a clean cotton cloth, you do not have to use the same cloth for both eyes.
- If the doctor treats conjunctivitis, he may give you antibiotic eye drops or medicine.
- In the case of conjunctivitis, it is advisable to take antiviral drugs.
- To understand which treatment will be right for you, you should go to the doctor and get treatment.
- If you keep checking your eyes from time to time and keep an eye on the symptoms, then you can avoid the problem of pink eye.