A large part of the Indian population is vegetarian. When it comes to healthy eating, the day is incomplete without a glass of milk for a growing child or adult. We consume so many dairy products in our day-to-day life such as ghee, butter, paneer, cheese, buttermilk, etc. Paneer is the most loved dairy product since it promotes weight loss too. Paneer is rich in fats and proteins and is also a good source of various vitamins and minerals. The nutritional power of paneer comes from proteins that contain all essential amino acids. It is considered best for growing children, adults, infants, and pregnant women.
100 gms of paneer contains
- Calories - 265 kcal
- Fat - 20.8 g
- Protein - 18.3 g
- Carbohydrates - 1.2 g
- Calcium - 208 mg
- Zinc - 2.7 mg
- Magnesium - 26.6 mg
Health benefits of paneer
- Rich source of vitamins and minerals - Paneer contains minerals, such as calcium, zinc and magnesium. It also contains vitamins, such as vitamin B12, vitamin D, folic acid, vitamin C, and vitamin A.
- Control blood sugar - Magnesium present in the paneer controls blood sugar levels and prevents rich in protein - Paneer comprises high-quality protein that provides essential amino acids.
- Good for CVD patients – Potassium not only helps regulate the ideal fluid balance but also negates the effects of too much salt. Paneer helps manage blood pressure levels and helps in reducing cardiovascular complications.
- Promotes weight loss – The protein-dense paneer can keep you satiated/full for a long time and keep the hunger pangs at bay. It is rich in linoleic acid which helps increase the fat-burning process in the body.
- Promotes bone health - Vitamin D and calcium present in paneer make bones stronger and prevent osteoporosis.
- Promotes digestion - Paneer contains phosphorus that prevents constipation and promotes digestive health.
- Rich source of antioxidants - Various vitamins present in paneer, such as vitamin A, act as powerful antioxidants.
- Enhances metabolism - Paneer is the source of energy to the body and keeps the body healthy. Further, it prevents metabolic disorders such as diabetes.
- Reduces risk of cancers - Minerals, such as selenium and potassium, decrease the risk of cancer by preventing the accumulation of cancer cells.
- Good for pregnant women - Folic acid and vitamin B12 present in paneer are considered healthy for pregnant women.
(Disclaimer: The content on this site is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other health professionals for any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition.)