Chikungunya virus can be very dangerous. And after having this fever, it hurts a lot. But, they say, caution is the only defense. Therefore, before the disease attacks you, you should eliminate it from the root, that is, by taking care of some important things, we should keep this disease away.
With the change of season, new diseases start emerging, for which one should be prepared in advance and not after the disease comes, it should be treated. At present, epidemics like dengue and chikungunya are prevalent. No one would like to fall prey to these dreadful diseases. Chikungunya virus can be prevented by taking some precautions.
How to avoid the Chikungunya virus?
- Pyrethrum solution should be sprayed in homes. Also, spraying of malathion should be done in the surrounding area.
- It is important to keep your home and surroundings clean to prevent the breeding of female Aedes.
- Keep the lids of water tanks and utensils tightly closed. And either destroy the waste items, such as utensils, coconut husks, etc., or do not allow water to accumulate in them.
- Clean and dry the cooler, and other water storage things once a week. If this is not possible, then once a week use kerosene, insecticide, etc.
- The environment around you should be hygienic. The room should be open and ventilated but there are no mosquitoes around.
- If there are pets in the house, change their drinking water from time to time.
- To protect against mosquitoes, sleep with a mosquito net.
- The Aedes mosquito bites mostly during the day, so keep your body covered. It would be better if you wear a full sleeve shirt.
What should a patient suffering from Chikungunya do?
- Apart from keeping cleanliness around and in the house, the patient should also pay great attention to his cleanliness.
- Take complete bed rest after detection of chikungunya virus.
- Follow the advice of the doctor, if the doctor asks to do light exercise, then do it too.
- Along with a healthy diet, take vitamin 'C' and protein and use high-calorie food.
- Extra care is needed during Chikungunya.
- In such a situation, it is very important to have positive thinking, whatever you eat, eat happily.
- Keep the atmosphere of the house pleasant.
- Do not meet many people if you are suffering from Chikungunya, especially those people who have complaints of cough and cold.