Mental health is a huge issue in India and there are shocking statistics to prove it. The reason why it is a huge issue is the attached stigma to anything that is related to mental health. Mental health is more important now than ever before; it impacts every area of our lives. Maintaining positive mental health and treating any mental health conditions is crucial to stabilizing constructive behaviors, emotions, and thoughts. Focusing on mental health care can increase productivity, enhance our self-image, and improve relationships.
Benefits of considering mental health
- Mood improvement
- Reduces anxiety
- An enhanced sense of inner peace
- Clear thinking
- Improved relationships
- Increased self-esteem
Being mentally healthy can significantly impact our psychological, emotional, and social well-being. It directly affects how we feel and act on a daily basis. Mental health is a major factor when we make difficult choices, deal with stress, and relate to other people in our world.
Good mental health helps
- Maintaining a productive and healthy relationship
- To cope with daily stress
- Bring positivity
- To stay physically active and healthy
- To put full potential in your life
- In offering great contributions to the society
Importance of awareness
- We can work to de-stigmatize how we think about, approach, and identify mental health issues in our society.
- We can start removing the shame and fear that’s often associated with topics surrounding mental health. Doing so can increase the likelihood of someone reaching out when they need help.
- Another benefit of creating awareness regarding mental health is that it can make signs and symptoms of certain conditions more well-known. Early intervention is key to success in treating the conditions. The earlier someone is diagnosed and begins treatment, the more likely it is that they’ll be able to manage their condition and improve their mental health.
Some common mental health disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Panic disorder
- Eating disorder
- Personality disorder
Factors that can negatively affect mental health
- Post-trauma and abuse
- Long term stress
- Long-term physical conditions
- Bad stage of life
Factors that can help improve mental health
- Practicing mindfulness
(Disclaimer: The content on this site is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other health professionals for any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition.)