It is the weekend and it gives us a special occasion to indulge in some dessert. Yet, keeping it healthy and tasty so as to satisfy your taste buds with some sweetness while keeping the calories down.
Low-Calorie Creamy Fruit Salad
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Total time required: 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 8 portions
- 1 large apple, chopped (3 1/4" diameter)
- 1 cup drained pineapple chunks
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 orange, chopped
- 3 – 4 strawberries diced
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain thick yogurt
- Put pineapple chunks in a medium mixing bowl.
- Cut apples, banana, strawberries, and orange and add them to the bowl.
- Remove pomegranate seeds from the fruit and add ½ quantities to the mixing bowl and save the ½ quantity for garnishing.
- Add yogurt to bowl and mix gently with a spoon until fruit is well coated.
- Garnish the top with the left pomegranate seeds.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
For a different taste, try adding different fruits like grapes, blueberries or peach slices.
You can also try different flavors of low-fat yogurt.