Dedicated healthcare VC, HealthQuad, gains $150 million

HealthQuad has raised $150 million in its second funding round. Read to know more about this deal.

The healthcare venture capital fund, HealthQuad has raised $150 million  (approximately Rs 1,134.5 crore) in its second funding round. In this 20% of the capital is raised by Indian LPs. The rest 80% has come from overseas. This capital has come from some of the largest DFIs and pension funds, European strategic investors and HNIs. 

A statement issued by them says, “In view of the overwhelming demand, the fund will exercise its green-shoe option. The fund intends to proceed to a final close by March 2022." HealthQuad is backed by Quadria Capital and KOIS. It had initially received Rs 75 crore funds in 2017. This they planned to invest in 8 to 10 companies with investment ranging from Rs 1 to 15 crores.

HealthQuad has invested in successful health-tech companies like Medikabazaar, THB, HealthifyMe and Impactguru. Current funds will be invested in 12 to 14 startups with cheque size of around $5-20 million.

India is evolving to become the fastest receiver of health-tech investments. It is currently growing at 27% CAGR and will reach $21.3 billion. Despite being only 3.2% of the global healthcare market.

Tags : #HealthQuad #QuadriaCapital #KOIS #Medikabazaar #HealthifyMe #Impactguru #THB #funding #fundingalert #startup #smitakumar #medicircle

About the Author


Priyal Shah

Priyal Shah is a graduate of Media from Mithibai College, Mumbai. She is a writer, researcher and avid reader.

Related Stories

Loading Please wait...

-Advertisements-


Trending Now

Is Liposuction surgery safe? Know the side effects of Liposuction Surgery May 21, 2022
The BD 'Advances in Clinical Flow Cytometry' Event provides clinicians with a rich knowledge-sharing platformMay 21, 2022
Omega 3 fatty acids – The essential fatMay 21, 2022
Vitamin B12 – Deficiency and sourcesMay 21, 2022
CDSCO has approved Boehringer Ingelheim's Jardiance for the treatment of heart failure.May 20, 2022
Hanuman raises over $.5 million to expand its emergency medical response services in Bihar, Jharkand and UP May 20, 2022
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) – Causes and preventive methodsMay 20, 2022
Healthcare Innovation Challenge: Data's Expanding Role in the Healthcare SectorMay 20, 2022
Homeopathy in Pregnancy - Homeopathy Treatment | MedicircleMay 20, 2022
MetroMedi launches the MetroMedi Relief platform for mental and sexual health wellbeing.May 20, 2022
Top Health Benefits for Butter milk May 20, 2022
Sumit Agarwal- Born with Cerabral Palsy to today being an acclaimed entrepreneur in the public relations industry in IndiaMay 20, 2022
Five eye hospitals in the Tri-city region have been acquired by Dr. Agarwal's Eye Hospital.May 19, 2022
World Family Doctor Day, 2022 – Family doctor makes care easily accessible May 19, 2022
Adani Enterprises will explore the healthcare industry.May 19, 2022
Tips for Weight Loss May 19, 2022
What should be the diet during menopause? May 19, 2022
5 Tips To Get Rid Of Cracked Heels In SummerMay 19, 2022
How is meditation beneficial in reducing low blood pressure?May 18, 2022
Why should we not eat mushrooms because of kidney disease? May 18, 2022